- Lamb fillets: 4 x 120g (females) OR 4 x 220g (males), cut into 3cm cubes
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 1 Carrot, finely chopped
- 1 Stick of celery, finely chopped
- 2 Cloves of garlic, crushed
- ¼ Cup of red wine
- 2 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 Cups of chicken stock made from reduced salt chicken stock cubes
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1 - 2 Tablespoons of rosemary
- 2 Tablespoons of parsley
- Heat a large casserole dish over high heat.
- Coat lamb with oil and cook in small batches for 5 minutes or until browned. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add onion, carrot and celery to the pan for 5 minutes, or until soft.
- Return lamb to the pan then add garlic, red wine and tomato paste. Cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Add stock, bay leaf, rosemary and enough water to ensure the lamb is covered.
- Cover with lid and bake in oven for 1 hour. Add the half the parsley and cook for a further 40 minutes.
- Serve sprinkled with the remaining parsley.
Recipes comes from the CSIRO total wellbeing diet book and is modified for the Tony Ferguson Weightloss Program.